Monday, November 5, 2012

Goals for Quarter 2, First rehearsal tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the first rehearsal of Wild Party, and I'm definitely looking forward to it! Turns out I won't have a soprano sax, but I think I'm okay with only playing 4 instruments for now.

One major goal for me is to play (flute) every day. Even if I only get to play for a couple minutes or so, I really don't want to find myself slipping into one, two, or three days in a row without playing. 
I'm working out of Geoffrey Gilbert's Technical Flexibility, Boehm's 12 Etudes, and I'm going to try my hand at the Karg-Elert 31 Etudes.
As far as repertoire goes, I know I'm going to do Debussy Syrinx and Varese Density 21.5, probably the Taktakishvili Sonata, and from there I'm not too sure.

I've sent out more resumes to schools and universities to see if I can get a little more adjunct work, and I'm really going to push for getting some students this quarter.

I've got a busy day tomorrow, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment