Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 3

While I haven't lost any of my excitement or fervor for practicing and achieving goals in general...I'm pooped. We only have some 30 hours left in Motown before we hightail it south, and it feels like we're all set to go and yet only beginning to scratching the surface of the work left to do.

I could only play for a few minutes today, but I really tried to make it worthwhile. I did some harmonics exercises from Jim Walker and some work on Bolero. I'm happy to find that the JW exercises are getting much easier and more consistent as the days go by. I used to struggle to reach the second partial, but now I'm able to get to it with little difficulty.

When I reviewed the recording of Bolero that I made on Wednesday, I was very shocked at how arrhythmic and unsteady my playing was. Granted, I can admit that I wasn't "in the zone," and that I had done all but maybe five minutes of reading over it, but still. I decided I would try to begin tackling that issue first, since rhythmic integrity is paramount to...well, everything.

Even though I didn't spend much time working on the excerpt, I do feel that progress was made. I'm heading to bed before I fall asleep typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment